Tuesday, January 22, 2013

OVIE KILLS THE PENALTY?!



Ovie on the PK is ok!
I’m going out on a limb right here, right now in saying that Ovechkin could afford some time on the PK. Yes it’s going to take some time for him to learn the finer details of playing defense a man down. But I feel it’s better for him in the long run.
The one complaint we have all had about Ovie is probably his lack of defensive ability or inability to be responsible in his own end. I feel by putting him on the Penalty kill even if for the last 30 seconds will teach him this. He has already said he learned a lot about defensive play under dale hunter. Giving him a situation where he can possibly turn a game around at the end of a pk is where we want him.
How many times have we seen Ovie create a play at the blue line to put one in the back of the net? I believe doing this will help create more assists for him coming off the PK and in general make him an all-around better player. I can honestly see him becoming more of a forward playing Brooks Orpik if all goes well. He’s got a lot of size and ability I think it’s time we look at more than one use for this big gun.

No comments:

Post a Comment